Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Through Many Dangers

You know those times when you wake up and everything seems too much. Life seems heavy; this weight of responsibility sits on your shoulders and all appears ragged. That was me this morning. These are days when your duvet is your best friend. Mine was ripped from me at 6am.

As I left the house for work I grabbed my ipod and quickly ran my thumb round the wheel to select some random song. As I stopped turning I glanced down and saw that I'd highlighted a song called 'Through Many Danger's'. It was a song we sang a few years ago at soul survivor. When I say song, I really mean it is one verse of Amazing Grace repeated a few times.

These are the words...

through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come
It is grace that brought me safe thus far
and grace will lead me home

Sometimes God speaks straight into the fog of our lives. Sometimes He gently reminds us who he is and what we are about. This morning was one of those times. When it seems easiest to give everything up, when life is tough, God speaks.

In these simple four lines God reminded me of his call on my life. He reminded me of where I have come from and where I am going. He reminded me that He is in charge, that He is in control. He reminded me that it is not about me or what I do but about Him and His grace. He reminded me that He is faithful. He reminded me that life is a journey not a product. He reminded me that He is there. His grace is leading me. His grace is dependable. His grace. Not my effort, but His Grace.

We're trusting our lives to you.

No comments: